来源：英语 发布时间：2018-08-20 点击：
英 [saɪn] 美 [saɪn]
名词 迹象; 符号; 手势; 指示牌
及物/不及物动词 签名; 打手势
1. He signed to me to be quiet.
2. She signed the child to be quiet.
1. His company has been asking suppliers to sign agreements on business ethics as a supplement to each purchase contract since 2007.
2. Once he clears waivers after 48 business hours, teams will be eligible to sign him.
3. Due to the traditional belief that business partnerships should be based on mutual trust, many small companies in China do not sign contracts with overseas customers.
4. The board of Dow Jones said late Tuesday it was ready to sign off on Murdoch's proposal to buy the company for $ 5 billion.
5. Although being stimulated by all means, the eurozone economy has not shown any sign of recovery.
6. " Yi should decide his future by himself and sign with the Bucks, " the Nanjing Morning Post said.
7. Liu said they usually contact applicants through an online messaging service or by telephone, and then the two parts will sign an agreement if everything goes as planned.
8. The United States previously performed as a bystander and showed no sign of participation since the establishment of the regional cooperation framework in East Asia.
9. But an Israeli Cabinet minister warned earlier Friday that time was running out for Abbas, the first sign that Israel had already lost patience.
A sign is a piece of wood, metal, or plastic with words or pictures on it. Signs give you information about something, or give you a warning or an instruction.
e.g. ...a sign saying that the highway was closed because of snow.
e.g. ...a cardboard sign, which stated 'No to Poll Tax'...
If there is a sign of something, there is something which shows that it exists or is happening.
e.g. They are prepared to hand back a hundred prisoners of war a day as a sign of good will...
e.g. His face and movements rarely betrayed a sign of nerves...
When you sign a document, you write your name on it, usually at the end or in a special space. You do this to indicate that you have written the document, that you agree with what is written, or that you were present as a witness.
e.g. World leaders are expected to sign a treaty pledging to increase environmental protection...
If you say that there is no sign of someone, you mean that they have not yet arrived, although you are expecting them to come.
e.g. The London train was on time, but there was no sign of my Finnish friend.