来源：英语 发布时间：2018-08-20 点击：
英 [ɪnˈgeɪdʒ] 美 [ɪn'gedʒ]
及物动词 聘用; 吸引住; 与…交战
不及物动词 从事; 与…建立密切关系; 衔接; 紧密结合
1. They engaged the enemy.
2. David is engaged to Ann.
3. The book engaged my full attention.
4. Housework engages much of her time.
1. Those who engage in commercial insurance business must be insurance companies established in accordance with this Law.
2. He also said Citigroup was keen to engage in brokerage business and would launch the operation once regulatory restrictions are removed.
3. Since the fifth anniversary of China's entry to the World Trade Organization, deregulation has allowed foreign banks to engage in retail business worth $ 2 trillion annually.
4. The regulation still does not permit these enterprises to engage in tobacco business.
5. According to New York state law, a criminal sexual act includes forcibly compelling someone to engage in oral sex.
6. Those who engage in insurance activities within the People's Republic of China shall abide by this Law.
7. The danger is that businesses might engage themselves carelessly into less rewarding projects now that their financing costs are extremely small.
8. " This is the first time we've used a tactical missile to engage a spacecraft, " Cartwright said.
9. It also said companies with high leverage, huge losses and or impaired cash flow should not engage in derivative trading.
If you engage in an activity, you do it or are actively involved with it.
e.g. I have never engaged in the drug trade...
e.g. You can engage in croquet on the south lawn.
If something engages you or your attention or interest, it keeps you interested in it and thinking about it.
e.g. They never learned skills to engage the attention of the others.
If you engage someone in conversation, you have a conversation with them.
e.g. They tried to engage him in conversation...
e.g. We want to engage recognized leaders in discussion.
If you engage with something or with a group of people, you get involved with that thing or group and feel that you are connected with it or have real contact with it.
e.g. She found it hard to engage with office life...
e.g. She had vowed to go out of her way to engage with the Irish people at local community level.
If you engage someone to do a particular job, you appoint them to do it.
e.g. We engaged the services of a recognised engineer...
e.g. He had been able to engage some staff.