来源：英语 发布时间：2018-08-20 点击：
名词 头部; 头脑; 上端; 首脑，首长
及物动词 用头顶; 前进; 作为…的首领; 站在…的前头
不及物动词 朝…行进; 出发; 向…方向移动; 船驶往
形容词 头的; 在前头的; 首要的; 在顶端的
1. A car headed the procession.
1. She was able to keep her head in the crisis.
2. My head aches.
3. The two trucks crashed head on.
The head of something long and thin is the end which is wider than or a different shape from the rest, and which is often considered to be the most important part.
e.g. There should be no exposed screw heads...
e.g. Keep the head of the club the same height throughout the swing.
The head of a school is the teacher who is in charge.
e.g. She is full of admiration for the head and teachers.
The head of a company or organization is the person in charge of it and in charge of the people in it.
e.g. Heads of government from more than 100 countries gather in Geneva tomorrow.
e.g. ...the head waiter.
If you head a department, company, or organization, you are the person in charge of it.
e.g. ...Michael Williams, who heads the department's Office of Civil Rights.
e.g. ...the ruling Socialist Party, headed by Dr Franz Vranitzky.
The head of an infected spot is its white or yellow centre.
The head on a glass of beer is the layer of small bubbles that form on the top of the beer.
You can use head to say how many animals of a particular type a farmer has. For example, if they have fifty head of cattle, they have fifty cows.
If you have a bad head, you have a headache.
e.g. I had a terrible head and was extraordinarily drunk.
1. The author is Head of Business Services at BDO Ltd, a financial consulting firm.
2. Head of Canada's largest trade and industry organization on Thursday urged the country's business community to lose no time in entering the lucrative Chinese market.
3. Does the head of our China business report directly to the CEO?
4. June is usually the start of a slowdown in business travel in Europe as people head off on holidays.
5. A day that starts above the hustle and bustle of the city's financial district puts the guests head and shoulders above the rest.
6. A window pane which fell several storeys was still intact after crashing onto the head of a butcher working below.
7. The referee was informed about the head butt by the fourth match official who said he had witnessed the action.
8. Witnesses said Kantar smashed the little girl's head against a rock and crushed her skull with a rifle butt.
9. His manager Jim Wicks, said Clay had butted Cooper with his head and should be disqualified.
10. The last photo showed the victim being kicked in the head and buttocks.